- Preheat the oven to full whack.
- Score the pork leg with a sharp knife in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bash the coriander seeds, peppercorns and 2 teaspoons of sea salt until fine in a pestle and mortar. Add the bay leaves and bash again, then muddle in a lug of oil to form a loose paste.
- Rub the paste all over the pork, making sure you get it into all the nooks and crannies.
- Peel and halve the onions, scatter into a large roasting tray and place the scored pork on top.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until you have a lovely crisp crackling, then turn the oven down to 170°C/325ºF/gas 3. Slow-cook the leg for 3.5 hours, or until the meat is easily pulled apart.
- When the time's up, pick and dress the sage and rosemary leaves with oil and scatter them over the pork. Pop it back into the oven and cook until the herbs are crispy.
- Remove the leg to board, cover with tin foil and allow to rest while you make the gravy.
- Place the roasting tray on the hob over a medium heat, add the flour and stir it into the juices so you get a sticky paste. Slowly add a little water until you have a lovely rich sauce.
- Pour the contents of the tray into a jug or bowl and blitz to a sauce with a stick blender. Return to the pan, pick, finely chop and add the parsley, along with the mustard and stir well. Season to perfection
- Serve the roast pork with the sauce.
We are currently experiencing temporary shortages of some of our food and beverage items. In any case of you buying a product and it's out of stock at time of pickup our stores will be happy to find an alternative item until your favorite item is back! Some of our store partners have multiple pickup locations. Your family are more than welcome to pickup from our other stores given the item is not available at the time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Products are subject to change and availability. Our Shop Brands will endeavour to replace the product purchase with alternate products at the price of sale and availability. Product information including ingredients, nutritional information and allergens is provided by our suppliers to assist customers to select suitable products. However, this information may change at short notice and you should always check the product labels before consuming any products. We endeavour to keep all information up to date, but we cannot and do not guarantee accuracy and completeness of this information.
Secure & Safe Payment
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.